Engineering Program Manager
Magenta Labs is an early stage technology startup developing a groundbreaking product in the consumer video market. Our current team hails from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple.
Magenta Labs is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to lead the cross functional development of camera products. The EPM will be the key contributor on build planning, configuration development, and will set build priorities.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will work closely with product designers, process engineers, and ODMs/OEMs to get high-quality products designed, built, tested qualified, and released on time. You’ll need excellent communication skills to be able to answer questions about schedule, risk, major issues, and overall project progress. You are responsible for managing risk, assessing production quality metrics, and providing production approvals.
- Follow up on key action items between internal and external team meetings.
- Maintain build matrix and update build schedule on a regular basis.
- Work with external suppliers' project management to track material delivery and PO release dates.
- Oversee weekly meeting schedule and agenda with supplier program management teams.
- Ensure external suppliers provide documentation on-time for review. Examples include: Clear to build, Major Issue List, IQC report, and Build readiness review documentation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in program management, project management in Camera manufacturing, Semiconductor IC packaging, or related field
- Consumer Electronics experience
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Camera development and packaging industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, process optimizations, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Strong team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Why you want to join us:
- Tight knit team with alums from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple
- Solve challenging problems
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Equity in an early stage startup
- Funding support from well respected VCs
- Regular team lunches and offsites
- Kitchen stocked to satisfy your munchies
- Easy access to Caltrain, Muni, and BART
- And the best coffee, no really