Quality & Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Magenta Labs is an early stage technology startup developing a groundbreaking product in the consumer video market. Our current team hails from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple. We're seeking an experienced Software Quality & Test Engineer.
The System QA Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing integrated system testing with an emphasis on hardware-centric software risks. This includes cross-functional work with engineering and other quality assurance teams to identify risk areas and testing responses.
You should have a software quality assurance background consisting of both manual testing and automating existing manual testing. You have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects in software and hardware. You are focused, responsible, and a team-player who thrives under pressure. If you are interested in joining a small team of talented people who are passionate about solving challenges to improve photography and videography, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
What you'll work on:
- Create, modify and execute tests for validation of Magenta’s hardware and software features at the system-level (including user scenario and interoperability)
- Develop and maintain test automation for embedded devices, based on the developed test strategies
- Design and execute integrated system/scenario tests.
- Identify, reproduce, and isolate issues found, and see issues through closure
- Report issues in accordance with Magenta bug reporting methods and testing guidelines
- Stay informed on customer and industry trends regularly integrating into on-going testing
- Solid understanding of SQA methodologies & practices
- Build automated test tools & reporting mechanismsBe a vocal proponent for quality (internally and externally) in every phase of the development process
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years of SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing hardware/software products
- BS/MS EE/CS or technical degree with relevant experience (MS preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Good understanding of SQA methodologies & practices, including leveraging an issue tracker to track and drive issues to resolution
- Experience shipping Embedded and mobile devices
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and innovate
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills
Why you want to join us:
- Tight knit team with alums from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple
- Solve challenging problems
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Equity in an early stage startup
- Funding support from well respected VCs
- Regular team lunches and offsites
- Kitchen stocked to satisfy your munchies
- Easy access to Caltrain, Muni, and BART
- And the best coffee, no really