Magenta Labs is an early stage technology startup developing a groundbreaking product in the consumer video market. Our current team hails from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple.
Magenta Labs is seeking a Process Engineer to lead the development of a camera assembly process during the new production introduction phase. The process engineer will be a key contributor to process optimizations and will provide key improvement ideas for future generation products.
As process engineer, you will work closely with product designers, project managers, and ODMs/OEMs to optimize process parameters, establish controls to monitor process drift, and mitigate manufacturing risk.
- Manage external supplier process development activities.
- Focus on equipment and automation process enhancements.
- Work with external supplier project leaders on optimization for: process parameters, machine buy-off plans, and DoEs.
- Ability to conduct data analysis, trouble shoot zero failures and reliability failures on time.
- Standardize the FAI requirements for the start of the main config build.
- Ability to provide risk assessments on process steps modifications and to align priorities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in Camera process Engineering, Semiconductor IC packaging, or related field
- Consumer electronics experience
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Camera development and packaging industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, process optimizations, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Excellent knowledge of process development, quality analytics tools, and processes planning.
- Strong team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.