San Francisco, CA
Magenta Labs is an early stage technology startup developing a groundbreaking product in the consumer video market. Our current team hails from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple. We're seeking an experienced Android Engineer to help us achieve our mission.
You will need to be a problem-solver, exceptionally organized, a self-starter and detail oriented. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills. This position is a full-time role located in San Francisco, CA.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using the Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a small team of talented people who are passionate about building cameras to improve photography and videography, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
What you'll work on:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Magenta experience for the Android platform.
- Prototype new features and redesign current ones.
- Work closely with the UI/UX team, applying design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Maintain a high level performance and quality.
Who we're looking for:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience. It's great if you have also mastered a functional language, or have been exposed to functional programming paradigms.
- 2+ years of building Android applications in Java (or Kotlin) using the Android SDK. If you have published apps on the Play Store let us know!
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- Experience with the NDK/JNI
- Experience on C/C++, video processing, OpenGL is a big plus
- Experience in the following:
- Java language and related frameworks. We'll be impressed if you're able to describe app dependencies on a Dependency Injection graph using Dagger 2.
- Custom view-level programming on Android.
- Multi-threading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices. How do you perform I/O? How do you persist data? How do you handle an insane number of app/user events happening at the same time?
- Networking APIs and frameworks like Retrofit, OkHTTP
- Last but not least, have the ability to tackle very challenging projects on tight timeframes.
Why you want to join us:
- Tight knit team with alums from Instagram, Facebook, Square, Blizzard and Apple
- Solve challenging problems
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Equity in an early stage startup
- Funding support from well respected VCs
- Regular team lunches and offsites
- Kitchen stocked to satisfy your munchies
- Easy access to Caltrain, Muni, and BART
- And the best coffee, no really