Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Information Technology /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the security of the company’s network, data, and computer systems and ensuring compliance with applicable Magnet security policies and industry best practices. This role will develop strategies to manage regulatory compliance where required, governance of service providers as well as oversee and coordinate activities around related compliance audits and responses.
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of computer, data, and network security
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
- Monitor and maintain an effective internal control environment across the organization
- Deliver regular reporting on compliance initiatives, program progress and key areas of risk.
- Help establish disaster recovery procedures and conduct breach of security drills
- Manage and coordinate audits, exams and associated responses
- 5+ year experience in related information security and compliance and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Transforms business requirements into system specifications, document implementation designs / configurations and manage systems accordingly.
- Strong project management and communication skills (written and oral) with internal organizations and external/internal auditors
- Experience in applying IT control frameworks in line with regulatory and industry requirements
- Working expertise with Information Security products, Compliance & IT Management Standards; ISO27001 & ITIL
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.