Technical Lead, Business Systems
Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Business Operations /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
The Technical Lead, Business Systems is responsible for the creation and integration of internal business systems at Magnet Forensics. This position will allow you to work in the code (day to day) while leading a small team of highly technical individuals. You will manage operations and ongoing development of current systems as well as the evaluation and implementation new systems as required. This position works closely with internal business stakeholders to assess the needs and expectations of the systems as the company grows.
- Lead a small team to build and manage business systems in an agile environment
- Develop and maintain high quality and performant code
- Provide technical input on systems roadmaps and architectural design of new systems and features
- Organize the team to optimize engagement and productivity
- Provide technical mentorship and hands-on direction to the team
- Research new technologies and present recommendations to the team
- Work with project throughout their lifecycle: Plan, Analyze, Design, Implementation and Support
- Implement best practices to constantly work towards growing both; team members’ skills and the quality and reliability of business systems
- Understand and effectively communicate the big picture as it relates to day-to-day implementation
- Resolve system and software problems as they arise
- Monitor end-user usage and system health and capacity
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or applicable experience
- 5 years of direct and related experience in business system development
- Previous experience leading teams or projects
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator or equivalent experience preferred
- Advance understanding of CRM and ERP solutions planning, administration and maintenance
- Expertise using Sales Cloud – Enterprise Edition preferred
- Hands-on experience building workflow processes in Salesforce.com
- Experience supporting, maintaining and implementing ERP and CRM systems
- Experience in enterprise application and understanding of database driven applications
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.