Software Developer - Elasticsearch -REVIEW Team
Waterloo, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their communities, countries and companies.
Headquartered out of Waterloo, ON but with over 400 employees spread out globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we want to be tomorrow.
Software Developer - REVIEW Team
Waterloo/Halifax/Ottawa OR Remote
The Magnet REVIEW team is located throughout the globe and is focused on exposing digital evidence to non-technical folks within an investigative department. This software allows investigators to collaborate and build a case around the collected digital evidence. The team includes a unique combination of technical abilities to cover both cloud and on-premise installations, handle millions of evidence hits and display valuable insights to investigators.
This growing group is looking for a Software Engineer who’s comfortable developing in cloud environments.
The Engineering team is focused on producing software that solves the most important problems facing digital forensics professionals today. Our algorithms make sense of data that is often hidden, corrupted, or incomplete. We write fast code and build intuitive UIs because we know that minutes can make a difference in national terrorism cases and life-or-death situations. We are a community of smart, passionate, humble people who recognize that solving the industry’s toughest problems requires constant collaboration, continuous learning, and frequent doses of humour.
What You Will Accomplish
- Work in a team environment to deliver high quality software
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software ranging from learning-oriented prototype-grade to mission critical-grade
- · Contribute towards customer success interacting with field teams
- · Help the team grow and involve our processes and procedures
What We Are Looking For
- We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
- There are a couple must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Practical experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with several of: (Cloud-scale development and operations, Distributed systems, Performance optimization, Web development, Software security, Test automation, CI/CD, Networking)
- Aptitude and interest in learning new technologies
- Effective at getting the right thing done
- Prioritizes team collaboration and success
- Practical leadership experience (regardless of title)
- In addition, may have some of the following skills and experiences:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Comfort in cloud management platforms; Such as AWS or Azure
- Comfort with any of the following: .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, bash, Windows, AWS, Azure, Microservice architecture
- Demonstrated ability to have FUN in the workplace
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.