Senior .NET Software Developer – ARTIFACTS TEAM
Waterloo, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their communities, countries and companies.
Headquartered out of Waterloo, ON but with over 400 employees spread out globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we want to be tomorrow.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
Magnet Forensics is looking for a passionate and motivated senior software developer to join our growing Engineering organization. Do you love writing software in an agile environment? Do you want to be a part of a team that releases software to customers on a frequent basis? If working on a tool that makes a direct impact in the world sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.
You would be a Senior Software Developer working on Magnet Forensics’ Mobile Artifact team. Artifacts are responsible for the maintenance and addition of digital data support. The high number of applications that capture data is constantly growing. Through the continuous investigation of these applications, the Artifact teams look for ways to gather more information from these sources that can be used in digital investigation cases. The team is comprised of a unique combination of technical abilities that include porting approaches from a variety of coding languages, reverse engineering to increase data collection, and testers-as-coach model to scale the effectiveness of delivery with quality.
The Engineering team is focused on producing software that solves the most important problems facing digital forensics professionals today. Our algorithms make sense of data that is often hidden, corrupted, or incomplete. A focus on thin-slicing and deliver iteratively because we know that minutes can make a difference in national terrorism cases and life-or-death situations. We are a community of smart, passionate, humble people who recognize that solving the industry’s toughest problems requires constant collaboration, continuous learning, and frequent doses of humour.
What You Will Accomplish
- Design, maintain and develop new Artifacts for our various products
- Restructuring code when needed and improve domain boundaries
- Continuous improvement on existing features
- Take ownership over the quality of the code you produce – writing code that is clean & testable
- Collaborate with your direct team members as well as the engineering org to drive innovation
- Adapt to changes as they arise from business & customer needs
- Be an active team member with fellow talented developers and software testers
- Provide technical leadership without a formal reporting structure within the team and across teams
- Help support the work of your peers by pair programming, reviewing and providing mentoring
- Accountable and take ownership of your projects
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong and proficient in C# .NET
- Experience providing technical leadership with peers and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and enjoy overcoming difficult, complex and unique challenges
- You have post-secondary education in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, math, electrical engineering or related field
- Experience with Azure DevOps is an asset
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local & across Canada)
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.