Sales – Sales /
Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their communities, countries and companies.
Headquartered out of Waterloo, ON but with over 400 employees spread out globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we want to be tomorrow.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with a variety of prospective users but this role will primarily work with clients in the private and public sector. You will take ownership of the technical aspect of the sales engagement by delivering product demonstrations and by building site-specific workflow/network installation plans.
A quote from your leader… “Your digital forensic technical expertise and knowledge of investigations will be relied upon for advancing the sales cycle and ensuring both short and long-term customer success of our clients. This starts by building strong relationships internally with the sales team and establishing a high level of trust with customers”.
What You Will Accomplish
· Provide technical pre-sales support during the evaluation of our software solutions
· Consult on technical features and workflows within the context of the client’s environment and goals
· Develop expert knowledge of Magnet’s software and typical client/industry workflows
· Deliver on-site and web-based presentations to broad audiences
· Help identify new business opportunities
· Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on product functionality and future enhancements
· Take the technical lead in responding to proposals and RFPs
· Provide first line technical support for APAC-based customers
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have ‘been there, done that”. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
There are a couple must haves, but we will keep that list short:
- Experience using various computer, mobile and cloud software solutions (i.e. AXIOM, IEF, FTK, Encase, XRY, UFED, Oxygen etc.)
- Previously worked with or managed deployments of forensic tools within a network environment
- Experience with cloud and virtual machines is desirable
- Experience of private sector incident response, EDRM or corporate internal investigations is desirable
- Strong presentation skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical knowledge for different audiences
- Multilingual is an asset but not required
*Ability to travel 40% of the time
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email email@example.com.