Senior Product Manager – Magnet REVIEW
Halifax, Nova Scotia /
Research and Development – Product Management /
Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their communities, countries and companies.
Headquartered out of Waterloo, ON but with over 400 employees spread out globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we want to be tomorrow.
What we are looking for:
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by building and equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital investigation tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
The Product Manager - Magnet REVIEW is an integral role in the delivery of Magnet’s MDIS software solutions. This position works on a cross functional team throughout all phases of the product lifecycle with a focus on delivering value and world-class user experiences for our public sector and public safety customers.
What You Will Accomplish:
· Build software products that make a difference in people’s lives by helping to uncover the truth and protect the innocent
· Shape the vision for an early-stage software product, and own the strategies and roadmap to deliver upon that vision
· Collaborate with key business stakeholders including engineering, sales, marketing, user experience designers and the executive team to drive growth for the Magnet Digital Investigation Suite of software
· Meet with law enforcement and public sector leaders and customers in the digital forensics and investigations domains to uncover key challenges they face in today’s digital first environments
· Define and validate user experiences to solve those challenges through feedback from customers and cross-functional teammates
· Become an authority on your product domain
· Ownership of the product direction & strategies while being aware of the market and the needs of customers
· Define, validate, and deliver a world-class user experience in partnership with our customers and User Experience design team
· Understand market problems and use cases by gathering feedback from product stakeholders (i.e. Customers, Users, Internal Stakeholders) and observing market dynamics
· Ability to interact with stakeholders to go beyond their initial asks/solutions and understand their underlying pains and problems
· Define clear customer and business outcomes, translate those into software deliverables and requirements, and drive them to completion with our Engineering teams
· Create compelling and competitive product positioning and messaging – understand how and what you are delivering moves the needle for Magnet
· Work in a cross functional team throughout all phases of the product lifecycle
· Informally lead the team and act as a mentor to other team members
· Help foster a team dynamic to support continual improvement
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes. It’s more important to us to find a candidate who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experience they have been a part of, than to find folks who have “been there, done that”. We want to be a part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
· Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a technology related program, or equivalent relevant experience
· 10+ years experience with Product Management, in an agile environment, bringing software solutions to market
· Passionate leader who embodies an ownership mindset
· Demonstrated ability to define and deliver world-class user experiences in partnership with design teams
· Demonstrated ability to understand, manage and deliver upon the needs of multiple different user personas within a single software product
· Ability to manage and adapt to change in a positive manner
· Experience in creating trust & strong relationships with cross-functional teams
· Strong written and verbal communications with an ability to influence across teams and with customers
· Strong collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
· Ability to foster a team dynamic to support continuous improvement
· Experience working on early/growth stage software products is beneficial
· Experience working on a SaaS product targeted to a regulated industry is beneficial
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
· Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
· Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
· Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
· Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email email@example.com.