Manager of Financial Reporting
Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Finance /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of all internal and external financial statements under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) framework. This new role provides an excellent opportunity for a well rounded and technically strong finance and accounting professional to play a key role in the growth of Magnet Forensics. This individual must have a keen eye, strong attention to detail, and a passion for working with cross functional leaders and counterparts to deliver accurate and timely financial information to the company’s stakeholders.
- Oversee and execute on the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated and non-consolidated financial statements, including required note disclosures under IFRS for various stakeholders
- Oversee and execute on the preparation of statutory filing requirements from multiple tax jurisdictions, governments, and regulatory bodies
- Prepare required Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for quarterly and annual financial statement packages sourcing input from FP&A, marketing, sales, and other senior executives
- Assist in the preparation and review of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, equity transactions, and M&A activities
- Collaborate with other finance and accounting teams on special projects, disclosures, and forecasts
- Support the company’s objective of implementing best practices for financial reporting and make recommendations based on similar industries
- Prepare and maintain process and control documentation over financial reporting ensuring adequate controls are in place
- Provide recommendations on process improvements and participate in special projects as required
- CPA/CA designation
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or similar academic field
- 5+ years of financial reporting experience, with expertise in software and subscription businesses considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge and experience in preparing financial statements in accordance with IFRS, including full note disclosures and requirements for private or listed entities
- Experience in understanding complex finance and accounting issues
- Experience working with Salesforce, NetSuite and other relevant CRM software considered an asset
- Experience engaging with auditors, lawyers, investors, and shareholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to bring people together to deliver solutions
- Excellent organizational skills in order to manage issues, projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced driven environment
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.