Waterloo, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager or Technical Manager and works within a team alongside other engineers and product owners to accomplish the Magnet Forensics mission. This role is a part of the Magnet Idea Lab. This is a relatively new team at Magnet. Our goal is to define future product and business opportunities and drive growth in 3-5 years. We deliver value to new and current customers through innovation that solves real world problems
- Collaborate with customers to understand and define use cases and problem statements
- Transform problem statements into technical solutions
- Rapid prototyping and experimentation focused on answering business questions
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software
- Design: Architecting, planning, collaborating, analyzing, experimenting
- Develop: Writing code, selecting patterns and resources, code reviews
- Test: Automated tests, manual tests, regression tests, performance analysis, security testing
- Maintain: Investigating and fixing issues, support escalations, modernizing
- May include deploying and operating software including production environments
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with a general-purpose programming language
- Experience with the following:
- Distributed systems
- Cloud-scale development and operations
- Web development
- Software security
- Able to generate new ideas and iterate based on a data-driven approach
- Works effectively with evolving requirements
- Comfortable with innovation and rapid development
- Prioritizes team collaboration and success
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.