Waterloo, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Product Developer to join Magnet's Innovation Idea Lab. This small team within Magnet works as an entrepreneurial team alongside other engineers and product owners to accomplish the Magnet Forensics mission. The goal of this innovative team is to find new business opportunities for Magnet or future steps in the evolution of Magnet’s product lines by delivering value for users, by solving real problems. If you have experience working in a startup, or scale up and are comfortable working with ambiguity, we'd love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with customers to understand and define use cases and problem statements
- Transform problem statements into solutions that solve customer problems
- Rapid prototyping and experimentation focused on building a product MVP
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software
- Design: Architecting, planning, collaborating, analyzing, experimenting
- Develop: Writing code, selecting patterns and resources
- Test: Automated tests, manual tests, regression tests, performance analysis, security testing
- Maintain: Investigating and fixing issues, support escalations, modernizing
- Includes deploying and operating software including production environments
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Computer Science related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Startup, entrepreneurial, and/or business building experience is an asset
- Experience working with a general-purpose programming language
- Proven cloud-scale development and operations experience
- Experience with the following: Distributed systems, Web development, Software security AND CI/CD
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.