Software Test Specialist
Ottawa, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We care about what we build, our customer, and about each other. We are inspired through the difference that our work makes, our culture, and our shared sense of purpose.
Our engineering team collaborates with other developers, testers, designers and forensics experts. We work in an Agile environment and we operate on a model of continuous improvement. We learn from our mistakes. We work in cross-functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate and deliver on new product goals.
We foster a team environment where everyone is comfortable sharing their ideas, because we understand that with diversity of thought, we will build the best products. We support each other through success and failure, to bring the best tools to law enforcement, government agencies and corporate customers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a passionate Software Test Specialist who would be responsible for contributing to the testing of our new and existing products, as well as our overall test strategy. Our testing roles offer a lot of autonomy and ability to drive the testing solutions to push quality to the next level. Through manual and automation testing, the purpose of our work is at the core and we are always learning as a team and constantly evolving.
- Define and implement robust test strategies and create innovative exploratory test coverage
- Plan, create, and execute both manual and automated tests
- Discover and investigate software defects and work with developers to deliver quality software together
- Use your expertise to recommend key decisions for the engineering team
- Collaborate on the adoption and development of testing tools and environments
- Work closely with developers to assess and advise on testability at the planning phase
- Interact frequently with product owners to ensure everyone is aligned with the functional and nonfunctional tests the user story will have to pass
- Demonstrated passion for testing through college, university, work or life experience
- Comfortable with performing manual testing in an exploratory testing fashion
- Interested in test automation
- Desire to work in an environment where you have autonomy and direct the test strategy
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a close-knit, trusting team with a shared purpose
- You have an interest in reverse engineering products to figure out how they work and love to solve complicated problems
- Always learning and evolving both as a team and individually
- You love taking responsibility and making something your own
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.