Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Information Technology /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
- Installing, supporting and managing desktops as well as analyzing logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Working technical issues, and responsibility for related follow-up and providing timely updates on issues
- Documenting internal procedures and knowledge base articles for end-users.
- Performing updates, audit and configuration changes of systems and software as well as documenting the configuration of the system.
- System monitoring/configuration, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware
- Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying scheduled jobs.
- Providing support outside normal hours of work
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ of technical experience including administration and support of technical infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Windows Platform, Apple OS X, Apple iOS, and Android
- Expertise with Active Directory/Azure AD
- Expert knowledge of Office 365
- Significant knowledge in virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Significant knowledge in Linux/Unix technologies
- Knowledge of networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of web application environments (Java, ASP)
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours as required
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.