Technical Support Analyst
Research and Development – Product Management
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in multi-functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring elite digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support (by email and phone) to both technical and non-technical users
- Respond quickly and thoroughly to sensitive, urgent inquiries from customers
- Find creative ways to reproduce and analyze problems to determine the cause and possible solutions or workarounds
- Report software defect and feature suggestions, and work closely with Engineering and Product Management to prioritize issues
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to escalate issues and proactively identify possible defects
- Maintain detailed case notes in the CRM and keep the Account Executive informed of potential escalations
- Build self-help resources for customers and internal users
- Collaborate effectively with your team around the globe
- Participate in, or lead, activities with other internal groups to meet the needs of our customers
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or have equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role in a software organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and technical acumen
- Knack for explaining complex concepts and theories to both technical and non-technical audiences
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize work
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in computer networking
- Working hours in Pacific Standard Time
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.