Senior Cloud Developer
Waterloo, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
In this opportunity, you will be an actively contributing senior software developer on the Cloud Enablement and Platform Team.
· Build platform components and tools that can be used by multiple product teams to accomplish their missions
· Embed with product teams at critical points in their architecture of cloud solutions to provide guidance, support, and coaching.
· Encourage alignment of technical direction across Magnet cloud technology
· Make the people around you stronger
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software ranging from learning-oriented prototype-grade to mission critical-grade
- May include deploying and operating software including production environments. (You may operate software while embedded with a product team, or you may operate common services as part of the platform team.)
- Provide technical leadership without a formal reporting structure within the team and across teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Significant experience working with one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Significant experience with several of: (Cloud-scale development and operations, Distributed systems, Performance optimization, Web development, Software security, Test automation, CI/CD, Networking)
- Aptitude and interest in learning new technologies
- Effective at getting the right thing done
- Prioritizes team collaboration and success
- Practical leadership experience (regardless of title)
Technologies currently used at Magnet (specific experience in these not required):
· .NET Core, ASP.NET Core
· Elasticsearch, MySQL
· Docker, Kubernetes
· Linux, bash, Windows
· AWS, Azure
· Microservice architecture
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.