Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Business Operations /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, the Business Analyst role will use their strong set of analytical skills to develop and deliver data-based insights to help teams make wide-ranging business decisions. This role will be involved in all stages of projects from intake, prioritization, tracking, and presentations to stakeholders and senior executives. If you have a strong analytical mind, an interest in business, and proven communication skills, this is for you!
- Work directly with management and users to define and prioritize reporting and information needs
- Work collaboratively to clearly define project scope, objectives, targeting & measurement strategies
- Analyze customer acquisition and unit economics data to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Identify and analyze data using statistical techniques
- Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Work with the operations and systems teams to ensure data validity/integrity and issue resolution
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the application of new analytics technologies
- Ensure effective project tracking and status reporting
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in any of the following: Statistics, Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
- 2 - 3 years experience as a Data Analyst with advanced level experience with SQL, Python or comparable tools/languages
- A strategic thinker who can link assigned tasks to the bigger picture
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Experience in sales, marketing and SaaS KPIs and analytics are an asset
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.