Senior Software Developer
Ottawa, Ontario /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
Magnet Forensics is looking for a passionate and motivated senior software developer to join our growing Engineering organization. Do you love writing software in an agile environment? Do you want to be a part of a team that releases software to customers on a frequent basis? If working on a tool that makes a direct impact in the world sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.
You would be a Senior Software Developer working on Magnet Forensics’ flagship product AXIOM. AXIOM is a complete digital forensics suite enabling our customers to recover, analyze and report on digital evidence. This tool is used worldwide by law enforcement agencies and corporations to uncover the truth in their investigations.
In the role you would be working directly on the customer facing product - working on new features, improving existing features and making a direct impact on the quality of the codebase. You will have the autonomy to investigate new tools/tech, provide technical input to your team, support the work of your peers, and lead new initiatives to build next-generation products for Magnet Forensics. Magnet Forensics values everyone’s different strengths and experience that they bring to our organization.
- Design and develop new features for our flagship product AXIOM
- Continuously refactor code and improve domain boundaries
- Continuous improvement on existing features
- Take ownership over the quality of the code you produce – writing code that is clean & testable
- Collaborate with your direct team members as well as the engineering org to drive innovation
- Adapt to changes as they arise from business & customer needs
- Be an active team member with fellow talented developers and software testers
- Provide technical leadership without a formal reporting structure within the team and across teams
- Help support the work of your peers by pair programming, reviewing and providing mentoring
- Accountable and take ownership of your projects
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong in any object-oriented programming (C#, C++, Java)
- Experience working with .NET and WPF
- Experience providing technical leadership with peers and stakeholders
- Resourceful and enjoy overcoming difficult and unique challenges
- You like working in a collaborative environment with smart, funny and interesting people
- You have post-secondary education in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, math, electrical engineering or related field
- You are curious and enjoy learning new things
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.