IT Support Co-op (Summer 2023 Term)
Waterloo, Ontario /
Operations – Information Technology /
Who We Are, What We Do, Where We Are Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their communities, countries and companies.
Headquartered out of Waterloo, ON but with over 400 employees spread out globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we want to be tomorrow.
The Desktop/System Administrator Co-op is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, and related infrastructure. The successful candidate will need to be thorough, organized and be able to manage time effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Network troubleshooting skills, system administration skills, and the ability to work with others and prioritize time are must have skills.
What You Will Accomplish
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability IT Systems
· Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
· Working with others on technical issues, and be responsible for related follow-up and providing timely updates on issues
· Documenting internal procedures
· Installing, supporting and managing desktops as well as analyzing logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
· Performing updates, audit and configuration changes of systems and software as well as documenting the configuration of the system
· Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting and passwords, etc.
· Making sure endpoint security is up-to-date and monitoring for security issues
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes. It’s more important to us to find a candidate who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experience they have been a part of, than to find folks who have “been there, done that”. We want to be a part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of Windows 10, Apple OSX, Linux, Apple iOS, and Android
· Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy and Directory Services/LDAP
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware)
· Knowledge of storage technologies (SAN, NFS)
· Knowledge of common security technologies (EndPoint Software, MDM)
· Knowledge of networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
· Knowledge of web application environments (Java, ASP)
· Knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
· Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours as required
· Interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities.
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email email@example.com.