Clinical Research Director
We are seeking an experienced professional to advance Mahana’s research and scientific initiatives as the Clinical Research Director. The Clinical Research Director will help shape a meaningful program of research by translating behavior science and evidence-based psychological approaches into technology-delivered interventions. This role advances Mahana’s research program by utilizing emerging and established digital health development methods and intervention strategies to successfully integrate into the healthcare ecosystem. The Clinical Research Director will report to the Vice President of Clinical Innovation.
- Oversee Mahana’s clinical internal R&D pipeline for digital therapeutic product development. This involves research focused on engagement and mechanisms of change and clinical testing that drives product development.
- Deliver research methodology expertise for development of digital psychological and behavioral interventions.
- Design and create research proposals, protocols, and analytical plans.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for increasing recruitment in our research projects.
- Work closely with Product and Design teams; Provide recommendations for how to translate clinical knowledge and clinical science into product design.
- Ensure data integrity by working with Engineering team.
- Keep up to date on clinical/healthcare best practices and standards of care in order to identify and prioritize evolving needs and solutions.
- Critically review and synthesize scientific evidence and clinical materials relevant to the company.
- Oversee our publication strategy and timeline; Manage manuscript submission/publication process. Present research at relevant conferences/events.
- Collaborate and liaise with clinical research and medical communities, health plans, providers, foundations, industry and others to facilitate Mahana’s external research efforts.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15%, as needed.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or Medical Degree
- 5+ years work experience post degree completion
- Experience in health technology/digital health research
- A track record of leading research investigations (i.e., overseeing all aspects of a clinical research study)
- Deep knowledge of behavioral/psychological interventions in the context of healthcare delivery
- Proficient in intervention development
- Strong record of scientific publications and/or scientific presentations
- Excellent communication skills for conveying clinical and scientific complexities to a wide range of stakeholders
- Direct patient care experience; treatment of behavioral health conditions that co-occur with medical conditions
- Industry experience; particularly working in early stage startup
- Extensive experience/demonstrated expertise in digital health/digital therapeutics (e.g., mHealth/eHealth)