Mahana Care Specialist
Customer Support – Customer Support /
At Mahana we are commercializing a new category of medicine, digital therapeutics, used to improve outcomes in patients living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Our first product, Mahana IBS, is FDA cleared and indicated to improve IBS symptoms. Mahana IBS is a new form of treatment that uses digitally delivered cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and not drugs.
As a member of Mahana’s growing Mahana Care team, you will be part of our first team of Mahana Care Specialists. Our Mahana Care specialists ensure each customer has a positive experience when engaging Mahana to access our products, resolve technical issues, or obtain the support and encouragement needed to get the most out of Mahana products. In this unique role, you will serve patients, gastroenterology providers and industry professionals to address their needs related to Mahana products.
Mahana prides itself on delivering an excellent customer experience in all our communications and interactions: be it a provider, a healthcare professional, a patient of our products and services, an outside agency, or potential candidate for one of our open positions. Our Mahana Care specialists work to ensure that everyone has a positive experience with every interaction.
As a Mahana Care Specialist you will serve as a primary point of contact for all inbound inquiries related to Mahana products and services. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of our products and services, along with staying up to date on policies and procedures to deliver our customers an exceptional customer experience.
At Mahana, we value integrity, trust, an entrepreneurial spirit, respect and a patient-first mindset.
- Manage inbound customer (e.g., patient, provider, professional organization) communication (email and phone) ensuring all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Conduct outbound phone calls and send emails where appropriate to share Mahana product knowledge with interested potential customers, schedule patient onboarding and check in calls, or conduct check in calls with patients
- Troubleshoot, track and resolve customer issues using our internal knowledge base materials and escalating to IT or product teams as appropriate to drive resolution
- Adhere to all standards, policies and procedures associated with confidentiality, HIPAA and company operations
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- Answer questions about products and services, general service information and other information as necessary based on customer call needs
- Help improve the patient experience by sharing feedback with management to further develop the product, materials and processes
- Learn, utilize and improve the use of tools for delivering exceptional customer experience
- Additional duties as requested
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent2+ years of customer service experience or equivalent
- Previous experience working in healthcare or life science companies operating under HIPAA
- A positive demeanor, able to demonstrate empathy, compassion and active listening skills
- A desire to help and improve
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Solid ability to learn new technologies; possess the technical aptitude and curiosity to understand how software tools work and fully utilize
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Work well independently as well as effectively on a team
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a rapidly changing environment, be patient, accountable, proactive and take initiative where appropriate
- Must be well-organized, efficient and be a people-oriented person
- Experience using Zendesk a plus