The Account Executive will initiate sales opportunities and assist customers in product questions and or concerns in order to deliver a successful sale and a satisfied client. Working in conjunction with Marketing and Sales Engineers, the Account Executive must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, and be able to identify the business issues that are driving the customer’s interest in the product.
- Identify, generate, propose and close sales opportunities for MailChannels' product and service solutions over the phone or face-to-face (if needed).
- Qualify and convert sales opportunities by prospecting current and prospective customers to meet/exceed a monthly quota.
- Utilize phone, email, and web tools to present company offerings and provide pricing/proposals to prospects with the help of Marketing and Sales Engineers.
- Maintain Salesforce.com with accurate data and ongoing activities.
- Manage a sales pipeline and weekly forecast in Salesforce.com.
- Work in a team environment with other Account Executives.
- Participate in marketing/sales events and meetings.
Competencies & Skills
- Experience in enterprise software sales.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship building skills required.
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills required; Strong business acumen.
- Must be outgoing and able to influence potential customers with strong persuasion skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking with high level decision makers.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative to get things done.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting, and Google products.
- Computer security and Customer Centric Selling experience an asset.
- Passing for ongoing professional development.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of quota-carrying experience in Inside Sales; preferably with technology or software companies
- Experience selling within the service provider vertical a plus
- Experience in business-to-business complex sales
- Bachelor equivalent mandatory
- Business-level English mandatory; other relevant languages would be an advantage