Senior Systems Administrator
MailChannels is a provider of innovative email security products for service providers. With an established history of successful execution, we still manage to maintain the energy and agility of a startup. Infrastructure and operations automation is a key part of our ability to deliver in such a dynamic environment.
Senior Systems Administrators are embedded in the operations team and are responsible for managing & maintaining the MailChannels service infrastructure within AWS and other state of the art hosting environments. Today, our technology stack incorporates much of the Atlassian development and continuous deployment stack, configuration management is handled by the OpsCode stack and Docker, infrastructure runs on AWS, Kubernetes and Ubuntu or CentOS, and monitoring and alerting are handled by DataDog and PagerDuty respectively. We’re looking for someone that can take ownership of this stack to ensure that the service disruptions are minimal.
- Strong fundamental understanding of email, networking & security technologies.
- Experience with Linux system administration & troubleshooting (RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Experience with shell scripting in a variety of languages including Ruby, Python, bash and Perl.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and other AWS components
- Understanding of cloud orchestration;
- Understanding of continuous deployment;
- Understanding of configuration management; hands on experience with Docker, OpsCode stack, HashiCorp stack
- Working knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, etc.)
- Familiarity with or experience operating Apache Cassandra or Redis clusters in a production environment.
Technology We Use