Senior Software Engineer
As a software engineer at MailChannels, you will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to write mission-critical code that enables us to achieve our goal of simplifying, securing and ensuring the best email deliverabiltiy for service providers and their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to highly usable web applications & APIs with heavy traffic.
- Build and enhance products that simplify and secure email delivery for hosting companies, ISPs and ESPs.
- Test drive code to ensure highly reliable, readable, and reusable test suites.
- Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, highly distributed, high transaction services.
- Work in a dynamic team environment with short turnaround times, developing and maintaining a high quality code base.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of tools, languages, and APIs.
- Continued growth through developer conferences and technical training.
- Work in a tech stack that includes: Go, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Grails, MySQL, Storm and RabbitMQ.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do.
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with email infrastructure a plus.
- 5+ years in software development in a high volume environment.
- You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about treating people fairly.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Several years of high scale systems software design and development experience preferred.
- Experience building fault tolerant systems in high transaction environments preferred.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and architecture.
- Experience with service oriented architecture and highly scalable services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated, works well without supervision, sees commitments through completion.
- Strong communication skills, ability to express technical concepts in verbal and written form.
- Go (Golang) or Java experience (preferred).
- Distributed real time systems development (preferred).
MailChannels is an email security company founded by engineers with the goal to rid the world of spam. Our innovative products provide the platform of choice for service providers that want to ensure the best deliverability for their customers email, protect their IP reputation and get serious about doing their part to eliminate spam. With a strong product-market fit, MailChannels has created solid annual growth. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, MailChannels affords its employees great access to all the outdoor activities available on the west coast of Canada.
If you are interested in this position we’d love to hear from you!