Senior Technical Support Engineer
MailChannels is a provider of innovative email security products for service providers. With an established history of successful execution, we still manage to maintain the energy and agility of a startup. Infrastructure and operations automation is a key part of our ability to deliver in such a dynamic environment.
Senior Technical Support Engineer is embedded within in the Customer Support team and is responsible for providing technical support to MailChannels customers via email, phone, tickets and chat. The support engineer will also handle escalations from the Level 1 support team.
- Provide technical support over email, ticketing system, phone, and chat for all MailChannels solutions
- Troubleshoot product related issues and escalate to Engineering/Operations team for resolution
- Handle escalations and technically complex issues. Take ownership of issues and drive them until issue/s are completely resolved and customers are satisfied with the resolution
- Create online help content (articles, community posts, etc.) to document previously unknown solutions
- You will be member of 24 x 7 Global Support team and may need to work in shifts to serve customers coming from any geographical location
- Strong fundamental understanding of email, networking & security technologies such as SMTP, TCP/IP, DNS, routing & switching
- Experience with Linux system administration & troubleshooting (RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong coordination and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated passion, desire and dedication to ongoing training and development
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and processes
- Experience implementing, configuring & troubleshooting email servers such as postfix, exim, etc.
- Experience working with hosting control panels such as cPanel, Plesk, etc.
- Knowledge of SPF, DKIM, DMARC