Business Development Representative (Outbound)
As a core component of Lead Generation, you will drive the outbound prospecting and qualification to strengthen the overall growth of the Company. Working closely with the Director of Marketing, you will initiate the beginning stages of the sales cycle by prospecting and qualifying potential customers and delivering sales-ready opportunities for the Sales team.
What You'll Do
- Prospecting, lead generation, business development and setting appointments for account executives
- Qualify prospects and create Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
- Make a collaborative effort with Sales and Marketing teams to identify new opportunities and grow the business
- Track and manage prospects through our CRM system
- Manage a prospect base consisting of specific target accounts in assigned territory
- Proactively follow up on trade shows, webinars and other marketing campaigns
- Assist Marketing in the development and execution of campaigns
- Ability to speak with high level executives about technology solutions
- Help to influence the lead-to-close revenue by using effective sales messaging
- Ability to overcome objections and effectively articulate a business message
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, time management and writing skills
- Independent working and decision making skills
- Comfort with review of metrics on a daily basis
- High energy, results oriented, self motivated/self reliant, team player, ability to work under pressure
- Strong sales qualification skills
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, Zoominfo, LinkedIn and G Suite
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- You value integrity and personal development
- You take ownership and show initiative in everything you do
- Corporate sales, entrepreneurship, and tech is not something you've read about but something you live!
MailChannels is an email security company founded by engineers with the goal to rid the world of spam. Our innovative products provide the platform of choice for service providers that want to ensure the best deliverability for their customers email, protect their IP reputation and get serious about doing their part to eliminate spam. With a strong product-market fit, MailChannels has created solid annual growth. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, MailChannels affords its employees great access to all the outdoor activities available on the west coast of Canada.
If you are interested in this position we’d love to hear from you!