Sales Development Representative (Outbound)
The Sales Development Representative (Outbound) will initiate the beginning stages of the sales cycle by following up on marketing and sales-led campaigns.
- Prospecting, lead generation, business development and setting appointments for account executives.
- Qualify prospects and create Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs).
- Make a collaborative effort with Sales and Marketing teams to identify new opportunities and grow the business.
- Track and manage prospects through our CRM system.
- Manage a prospect base consisting of specific target accounts in assigned territory.
- Participate in team meetings, networking events and activities to grow the business.
- Proactively follow up on trade shows, webinars and other marketing campaigns. Assist Marketing in the development and execution of campaigns.
- Ability to speak with high level executives about MailChannels network security solutions.
- Help to influence the lead-to-close revenue by using effective sales messaging.
- Ability to overcome objections and effectively articulate a business message.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, time management and writing skills.
- Independent working and decision making skills.
- Comfort with review of metrics on a daily basis.
- High energy, results oriented, self motivated/self reliant, team player, ability to work under pressure.
- Strong sales qualification skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point ) and CRM systems.
- Project management approach to territory development.
- 2+ years of experience in software prospecting into large complex organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Solution Selling, Customer Centric Selling, SNAP Selling, or Predictable Revenue a plus.