As a DevOps engineer you are embedded in the development team and work closely with Architects and Developers to ensure operational concerns such as validation, deployment and monitoring are addressed at the earliest stages of development.
Today, our deployment pipeline incorporates much of the Atlassian development and continuous deployment stack, configuration management is handled by the OpsCode stack and Docker, infrastructure runs on AWS, Kubernetes and Ubuntu or CentOS, and monitoring and alerting are handled by DataDog and PagerDuty respectively.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the deployment pipeline to ensure that only high-quality builds get into production and contingency plans are in place in the event of a service disruption
- Responsible for business continuity concerns such as fail-over, auto-scaling and disaster recovery
- Automate deployment in infrastructure tasks
- 3+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator or system engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a software or QA engineer
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and other AWS components
- Understanding of cloud orchestration; hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of continuous deployment; hands on experience with Atlassian stack
- Understanding of configuration management; hands on experience with Docker, OpsCode stack, HashiCorp stack
- Working knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, etc.)
Technology We Use
MailChannels is an email security company founded by engineers with the goal to rid the world of spam. Our innovative products provide the platform of choice for service providers that want to ensure the best deliverability for their customers email, protect their IP reputation and get serious about doing their part to eliminate spam. With a strong product-market fit, MailChannels has created solid annual growth. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, MailChannels affords its employees great access to all the outdoor activities available on the west coast of Canada.
If you are interested in this position we’d love to hear from you!