Customer Support Associate
Remote Position /
Customer Success /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Customer Support Associate to support our customers throughout their journey with MainStreet. You'll be instrumental in customer retention by addressing customer concerns and product issues, and by communicating learning across departments. You will report directly to our Customer Support Manager.
What you'll do
- Continuously learn about the customer journey and our expanding product features to provide world class customer support
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customers' questions, problems and/or concerns
- Process and organize information from customer calls and emails into our CRM
- Identify customer needs and escalate relevant inquiries to appropriate teams
- Deliver an amazing customer experience while maintaining confidential information
What we're looking for
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support role, ideally in a B2B or B2C environment, preferred
- A customer first mindset, demonstrating empathy and delivering exceptional customer experiences across the customer journey
- Active listener with a problem solving mindset
- Proficiency with computer skills and CRM experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and email/phone etiquette
- Excellent attention to detail, alongside the ability & willingness to work quickly
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $40,000 - $60,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position, in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.