Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA /
At MainStreet, we’re problem solvers.
Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research 🥱– for founders in nearly every industry. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A, expanded our product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to our current team!
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Coinbase, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
As an SDR at MainStreet, you will play a crucial role in our growth, serving as our customer’s first point of contact. With a focus on introducing new accounts to our products, you will be responsible for sourcing and qualifying opportunities for our Account Executives. Your key responsibilities will include:
Prospecting: Research and identify potential startup clients that can benefit from MainStreet's products and services, accurately updating and recording information in Salesforce.
Lead Generation: Initiate contact with cold leads through phone calls, emails, and social media, aiming to build rapport and trust with potential clients to ensure a consistent flow of qualified, scheduled meetings
Team Collaboration: Work closely with Account Executives, providing valuable insights and updates on leads while ensuring seamless handoffs of qualified prospects.
Joining our team during this critical stage presents the opportunity to help shape the future of MainStreet as we launch new product lines and evolve our business in substantial ways.
We are looking for candidates who are personable and collaborative, who love to think outside the box. If you’re highly motivated, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable, you have what it takes to be successful in this role.
What you’ll do
- Research and identify prospective startup clients for MainStreet's products and services
- Make 60+ cold calls per day to Founder/CoFounders, C-suite, and VPs
- Effectively convey the value of partnering with MainStreet to schedule meetings for the Account Executives
- Successfully achieve KPIs and quotas
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives to ensure smooth handoffs of qualified leads
- Enthusiastically represent the MainStreet mission, product, and culture
- Provide a world-class customer experience for prospects during the sales process
- Collaborate with GTM team colleagues to identify challenges and implement solutions in outbound sales strategies
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years experience as an SDR or BDR working with startups or SMBs, with experience in an outbound/prospecting role
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding prospecting and lead generation goals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred; familiarity with Outreach is a plus
- Base salary: $55,000 - $65,000, based on experience and location
- On-target earnings: $85,000 - $95,000, based on sales performance and goal attainment
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401k
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A
We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.