Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking to add a Senior Accountant to help us make a meaningful impact and grow our Finance team. You will be involved in month-end close, technical GAAP accounting, financial reporting and audit preparation. A strong independent worker that can navigate multiple projects with great interpersonal skills will surely succeed in this role! You will have the opportunity to actively shape the future of a FinTech company that promises to contribute to the success of startups and SMBs.
What You'll Do
- Manage AP cycle and expense management
- Prepare monthly flux analysis for departmental spend
- Lead the month-end close process including account reconciliations, roll forwards, and month end reporting
- Implement improvements to the close process through automation
- Enhance and maintain process and policy documentation
- Prepare for GAAP readiness and audited financial statements
- Perform analytics and ad-hoc requests as needed
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; with public accounting background and/or CPA being a plus
- 3-5 years of related accounting experience, bonus points for experience with a SAAS company
- Experience in NetSuite and Bill.com is a plus!
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and how to apply them in practice.
- A collaborative mindset, with the willingness to work with and communicate with multiple functions and leaders across the organization
- Proficient in the G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, including Intermediate MS Excel skills (VLooksUps, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Able to prioritize and juggle overlapping deadlines
- Base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $125,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
- Flexible PTO
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.