Product Design Manager
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a mission-driven Product Design Manager to join MainStreet’s Design team. You’ll be managing a growing team of talented Product Designers and helping them do the best work of their life. You’ll report to our Head of Design.
What you’ll do
- Continue building and nurturing a team of fantastic product designers
- Help scale a distributed Product Design team, and evolve its rituals and processes as the team grows
- Help define the quality bar for the Product Design team and work with individual designers to identify and close any gaps
- Cultivate a collaborative culture and a healthy team environment
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholder across Product, Engineering, Research, and other functional areas in order to influence the product strategy and the overall direction of our company
- Identify ways to up-level Design within our company and help position MainStreet as one of the best places to work as a designer
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of experience managing product designers (more senior candidates strongly encouraged to apply)
- A portfolio that showcases your abilities to lead a team of product designers and to nurture a positive team culture
- Ability to attract, retain, and up-level talented designers at various seniority levels
- Ability to provide clear feedback and direction to designers on your team without being overly prescriptive
- Ability to coordinate design efforts across multiple workstreams
- Ability to identify opportunities for improving our recruiting practices in order to build a world-class design team
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, and to help designers on your team navigate them as well
Base salary range for this position is $121,000 - $209,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
Robust equity program with significant upside potential
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.