Customer Success Manager
Remote Position /
Customer Success /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Customer Success Manager to help us scale customer engagement, retention and operational processes throughout the customer lifecycle.
As one of the first hires on the customer success team, you’ll have an opportunity to influence and shape the customer experience, working cross-functionally with operations, engineering and sales in helping our customers achieve their goals. You will report directly to our Director of Customer Success.
What you’ll do
- Work with cross-functional teams to support all phases of post sales client lifecycle including but not limited to, client communication, onboarding, renewal contracts, and client separation
- Contribute to nascent initiatives and processes to scale customer success and hit MainStreet’s growth goals
- Utilize resources to understand our customers’ needs and pain points, and use those insights to improve the customer experiences
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience working in a client facing role
- A champion problem solver with experience working with cross-functional teams (operations, sales, product, engineering, marketing, etc.)
- Experience working on mission-critical projects with tight timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
Would be great if
- You have a history working in B2C or B2B SaaS customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales roles
- You have experience using analytical and metric driven approaches to project planning and customer engagement
- You have experience with tax credits or accounting a plus
You will thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy engaging with customers and helping them achieve their goals
What we do
At MainStreet, we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets ~$51,000.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.