Remote Position /
Product Management /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Product Manager to help our customers discover, apply for, and claim government credits that can help them to thrive.
You’ll determine the strategy and requirements for new initiatives, working closely with engineering, design, and operations teams to lead projects from conception through launch.
If you love solving our customers’ hardest problems and coordinating across the organization to make it happen, this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- Define requirements for new features that will address core customer needs
- Work with designers and engineers to execute and launch key features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, operations, finance, and customer success to coordinate launches and ongoing product success
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong customer empathy and ability to derive product requirements from user needs
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Familiarity with accounting or economic development a plus
- Computer science background or similar experience preferred
You will thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You have a passion for helping small businesses and startups succeed
- You can seamlessly transition between thinking about long-term, high level strategy to intricate details of product behavior
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
What we do
At MainStreet, we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets ~$51,000.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.