Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a mission-driven UX Researcher to execute on research studies, help build and maintain the insights repository, work cross functionally with design, product, engineering, sales and operations to ensure insights are being shared regularly.
What you'll do
- Conduct moderated and unmoderated studies
- Assist with everything from scoping projects, creating test-plans, designing studies, moderating user interviews, analyzing data, and reporting results.
- Assist with insights repository management
- Working with product teams to understand business needs and to craft UX research solutions
- Assisting in the development of screener surveys for identifying clients' target users
- Monitoring the participant recruiting process
- Developing moderator guides
- Consulting with product teams on the development of prototypes for testing
- Moderating remote and in-person user experience research studies or
- Analyzing the research findings
- Developing presentations to communicate findings and recommendations
- Presenting to wider Mainstreet team
- Keeping projects on schedule and within scope and budget
- Building a trusted advisor relationship with product teams.
- Collaborating with colleagues to solve research challenges
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of user research experience
- Experience conducting mixed-method research (interviews, usability, surveys, etc)
- Ability to help turn business needs into unbiased research questions
- Ability to maintain an organized record of feedback
- Proven track record of working cross functionally
- A strong interest in finance and government
- Deep user empathy and strong communication skills
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Quantitative focus and experience is ideal
- Base salary range for this position is $104,000 - $165,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.