Manager of Core Operations
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a core operations manager to build and lead end-to-end initiatives that power our business. You’ll have an opportunity to own core processes and functions that are the engine of the company, while working with cross-functional teams (such as product, customer success, revenue, and engineering). If you like to roll up your sleeves and build from zero to one in a fast-paced environment, this is the role for you.
You will report directly to our Director of Core Operations.
What you’ll do
- Lead the implementation of strategic products and offerings, enabling MainStreet to hit growth goals.
- Independently drive and scale elements of the core customer journey and data flow in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Create the infrastructure to bring nascent initiatives to market, including identifying opportunities to streamline processes and test new tools.
- Support the operations and customer success teams by building functional area expertise and developing standardized operating procedures.
- Use both data and qualitative insights to steer process improvement and constantly optimize workflows to achieve efficiencies.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of operational expertise in project management, business operations, or similar.
- 1+ years of managing direct reports
- Proven track record of simultaneously delivering on multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- First principles thinker and problem solver with experience working on collaborative and cross-functional teams (operations, sales, product, engineering, marketing, etc.).
- A general “athlete” able to think and plan strategically, while still able to flex to the nitty gritty of how to tactically execute in a smart, methodical way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills capable of influencing peers and cross-functional stakeholders to achieve alignment.
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom.
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed and operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos.
- Bonus if: you’ve worked in B2C or B2B SaaS operations manager role, or you have experience with tax credits, accounting, or financial technology.
You'll thrive if
- You are a multiplier, constantly driving and amplifying impact
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $78,000 - $135,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.