R&D Tax Credits / Incentives Manager
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for an R&D Tax Credits / Incentives Manager to help us develop, implement, and maintain strong standard operating procedures around our core program offerings. You’ll also have an opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our incentive programs and become a valued resource for others in our Operations and Client Service functional areas.
What you’ll do
- Perform as an R&D tax credit technical subject matter expert, analyze R&D client scenarios, analyze edge cases, staff accountants to properly quantify qualifying expenses and review credit calculations
- Assist in identifying and implementing product functional and process improvements, working along-side cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations staff members
- Manage and scale our taxing authorities’ credit examination process
- Scope and lead nascent initiatives that will drive MainStreet’s growth goals
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in managing R&D tax credit studies
- Experience working on mission-critical projects with tight timelines
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (operations, sales, product, marketing, etc.)
- Ability to interpret legislation publications and translate into business requirements
- Ability to drive end-to-end projects with little guidance or supervision
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as zoom
- Bonus if you have a CPA license or other similar designation (e.g. Enrolled Agent)
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.