Core Operations Associate
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Core Operations Associate to help drive and scale critical elements of our core product offering. You’ll have an opportunity to shape an integral process that powers our business and impacts our customer journey and experience.
You’ll report directly to our Core Operations Manager.
What you'll do
- Drive the customer qualification and due diligence process for a multitude of new tax credit offerings
- Design processes and scale critical workflows to support the launch of new credit offerings in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve team efficiencies to deliver customer results in a deadline-driven environment
- Oversee the compilation and tracking of critical metrics and customer data
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Operations, Program Management or similar
- Ability to independently execute processes and projects with minimal guidance
- High attention to detail; strong due diligence and task management skills
- Ability to define, iterate and implement processes and workflows
- First principles thinker with ability to foresee and proactively address challenges
- Analytical skills and familiarity with Excel / Spreadsheets
- Thrives in a fast-paced, complex environment
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Strong cross-functional collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Bonus if you have accounting and/or tax credit experience
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $50,000 - $70,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position, in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.