Director of Capital Markets
Remote Position /
Capital Markets /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Director of Capital Markets to implement a robust funding framework for advances we extend to our customers as part of our product offering. As one of our first capital markets hires, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to shape a core aspect of our product, scale our business and instill analytically grounded, data-driven practices across our organization. You’ll report directly to our Chief Capital Officer.
What you'll do
- Partner with various teams to architect and implement a thorough and rigorous capital markets strategy underpinning our advance product
- Analyze, structure and execute multiple funding programs including corporate debt, warehouse facilities and private securitizations
- Work closely with:
- Actively engage in outreach with prominent investors / lenders, present, negotiate, structure and execute complex funding transactions
- Play a critical role to empower scores of underserved small businesses to continue being the backbone of our economy and generate jobs
- Credit to shape underwriting and servicing guidelines
- Product to calibrate on our customer offering
- Engineering to build the necessary analytical infrastructure to track customer payments and monitor performance across various funding vehicles
- Finance to architect the required financial plumbing to maintain a seamless funding mechanism
- Executive leadership to report on the health of our advance portfolio and make data-driven recommendations for improving underwriting / servicing guidelines and product terms
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of success in analytically intensive roles within structured credit and capital markets
- Financial modeling expertise and robust problem-solving skills
- Genuine curiosity for seeking insights in data
- Ability to pull, process vast amounts of data and distill into coherent recommendations for cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Ability to interact with, present to and negotiate with some of the most sophisticated credit investors / lenders
- Willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Highest ethical standards and business judgment
- Enthusiasm to be a key part of a mission-driven organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone, messaging software (Slack) and video (Zoom)
- Base salary range for this position is $155,000 - $185,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.