Technical Program Manager (Senior or Staff)
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to support our engineering organization as we execute on business-critical goals. You’ll be responsible for creating and leading cross-functional programs that deliver high value.
What you’ll do
- Develop and drive cross-cutting programs for production and platform engineering teams
- Manage goals, milestones, success criteria, and delivery of key technical programs
- Maintain a data-driven, metrics-rich approach to manage commitments
- Communicate program progress, risks, and emerging changes in a timely, audience-relevant manner
- Partner with cross-functional leads to craft execution strategies for business goals
- Develop and refine processes to improve engineering productivity
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of Technical Program experience
- Technical understanding of key technologies around systems, software engineering, and data management
- Experience managing complex programs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence without authority, and collaborate with stakeholders horizontally and vertically throughout the company
- Ability to drive operational excellence, and improve engineering execution
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Base salary range for this position is $104,000 - $250,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.