Technical Program Manager
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
We anticipate massive growth in both people and product over the next few years. When we need to update our platform to work with new infrastructure or implement new system-wide capabilities, our TPMs will lead the effort. Where our Product and Engineering organization focus on delivering new product functionality, our TPMs up-level our entire platform by leading the efforts of many and directing them towards a focused outcome.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be at the core of our ‘build’ machinery here at MainStreet.
- You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Product, and Design teams to manage and drive large cross functional programs.
- You’ll help introduce clarity and structure into our largest technical initiatives.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a proven track record of managing large technical programs and projects in close collaboration with engineering and product teams.
- Prior experience building and maintaining production software systems.
- Familiarity building and curating program tracking timelines, managing dependencies, developing engineering estimates.
- Experience with broad cross functional stakeholder management - communicating project progress, timelines, etc.
- Someone who can work with leadership to develop resourcing and budget plans to help complex programs come to life.
- Base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $160,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.