Customer Success Manager
Remote Position /
Customer Success /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a customer success manager to help us scale customer engagement, retention and operational processes throughout the customer lifecycle. You’ll have an opportunity to influence and shape the customer experience, working cross-functionally with operations, engineering and sales in helping our customers achieve their goals. You will report directly to our Manager, Customer Success.
What you’ll do
- Own a book of customers and build trusted relationships with leaders from our customer’s teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to support all phases of post sales customer lifecycle including: operational processes onboarding, renewals and and general support
- Advocating internally for the needs of your customers, working proactively with Sales, Product, Support and other teams to provide product feedback and identify expansion opportunities
- Preparing and facilitating customer review meetings, educational materials, product feedback/roadmap reviews, and other strategic customer interactions
- Be the central point of communication with Customers & engage with them on a consistent basis from the time they become a customer, throughout the year through tax processing and into a seamless renewal
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience working in a client facing role
- Proven track record of customer retention and/or upselling customers
- A champion problem solver with experience working with cross-functional teams (operations, sales, product, engineering, marketing, etc.)
- Experience working on mission-critical projects with tight timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed and operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- Bonus if: you’ve worked in B2C or B2B SaaS customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales roles, or you have experience with tax credits and accounting
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $64,000 - $110,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.