Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
As a Savings Specialist, you will work on behalf of MainStreet customers to achieve their most optimal savings outcome. Your focus will revolve around understanding customer business needs, owning frontline negotiations, and delivering customers finalized order outcomes. This is an opportunity to impact MainStreet's ability to help small businesses save and a rare chance to both learn and help shape an emerging organization.
As a Savings Specialist, you will combine strong industry knowledge, analytics, and negotiating skills with unmatched customer service, while building trustworthy relationships.
What you'll do
- Work on behalf of customers to secure favorable contract terms; negotiate renewals to minimize upside costs and lock in better terms; and represent customers stuck in existing contracts, with the intention of improving pricing terms
- Manage a pipeline of new business, while maintaining 10-15 active customers at a time
- Build credibility with startup founders and operators by delivering exceptional results and by providing a world class customer experience
- Collaborate with Revenue, Ops, and the Product team to identify challenges and implement solutions
- Document learnings and share feedback for product development and operational improvements
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of sales and/or procurement experience within a startup environment, preferably in a fast-paced, SaaS environment
- Consistent track record of over-delivering on expectations
- Excellent verbal, written and contract negotiation skills
- Thrive in ambiguity and comfortability within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Coachable, adaptable, and resilient
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- Work directly with customers to understand their business needs and purchase objectives
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary for this position is $85,000 - $100,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.