Senior Brand Designer
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a creative problem solver to join MainStreet’s growing Design team. You’ll be our first brand designer at MainStreet and you’ll help build the brand design practice from the ground up at one of the fastest growing startups out there. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Head of Design and the leadership team to evolve MainStreet’s brand identity across all marketing channels.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to elevate MainStreet’s brand expression across multiple mediums.
- Partner with the Marketing team to create digital and print communications.
- Help establish (and constantly improve) the collaboration process between Brand Design and other functions.
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience (more senior candidates strongly encouraged to apply) of brand design – please include your portfolio with your application
- Expertise in visual design fundamentals and storytelling
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Product Design, Marketing, etc)
- Ability to explain your process and decisions to your cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Base salary range for this position is $104,000 - $165,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.