Sales Operations Manager
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking to add a Sales Operations Manager to help us build and maintain a world-class revenue process and tech stack that scales to $100M and beyond. You will have the opportunity to actively shape the future of a FinTech company that promises to contribute to the success of startups and SMBs.
What you'll do
- Support the sales team using Salesforce with process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics relevant to their functional areas
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes, identifying and removing points of friction
- Create monthly content for executive presentations and board reporting
- Track and analyze key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, and quote attainment
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business; define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management
- Assist with onboarding and training new sales talent
- Refine customer segmentation, assist with territory management, and create a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes
- Maintain regular check-ins with Sales Managers and other who contribute to opportunity development to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan and identify any problems for internal review and problem solving
- Maintain internal procurement and contract records
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience, with at least 1+ years of experience in a sales role and 2+ years of experience in a Sales Operations role
- The ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the Sales Department and support appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives
- Well developed capabilities in problem solving and crafting efficient processes
- A result and success oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- An innate ability to innovate and optimize the use of valuable resources
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- An ability to initiate and built relationships with people in an open, friendly and accepting manner
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.