Strategic Operations Manager
Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Strategic Operations Manager to help us accelerate our growth and contribute to strategic priorities across the organization. If you like to jump into the thorniest, most challenging problems of a company and figure out how to solve them, this is the role for you.
You’ll report directly to our Director of Strategic Operations
What you'll do
- Work with cross-functional leadership to define and execute projects of strategic importance across the organization
- Scope and lead nascent initiatives that will contribute to MainStreet’s growth goals
- Marshall resources and establish processes to set up MainStreet for long-term success
- Lead strategic analyses on growth opportunities, including market sizing and segmentation exercises
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in an operations or strategy role
- History of experience working on mission-critical projects with tight timelines
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (operations, sales, product, marketing, etc.)
- Ability to drive end-to-end projects with little guidance or supervision
- Proven track record of data analysis to drive insight and implementation plan
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
You'll thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work on some of the toughest challenges MainStreet has to offer
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.