Remote Position /
Executive Office /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
What you'll do day to day
- Manage demanding schedules by understanding and effectively prioritizing competing priorities with a high degree of autonomy
- Ensure that the executive is equipped with information and supporting materials prior to internal, external, and Board meetings, as well as media engagements
- Manage email and other communication streams to ensure items are delegated to others when appropriate and priority issues get the attention of the executive in a timely manner
- Execute multiple high-priority and high-visibility projects simultaneously, following through on issues in a timely manner
- (Once it is safe to travel again) Effectively manage complex domestic and international travel arrangements (air, hotel, ground transportation and itineraries) - and expenses
- Handle a full spectrum of personal details and needs, while maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Assist in managing communications and updates across departments and teams
- Proactively identify and implement systems that improve individual and team efficiency Collaborate, and contribute to a sense of team within the executive office
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience supporting executives
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of ownership, communication and partnership
- Strong judgement and problem solving abilities
- Detail orientationExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Availability and responsiveness to tackle problems quickly
- A nurturing, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Passion for helping others to succeedA willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
In your first month you will
- Get a deep understanding of our currently supported incentive programs, how these programs function, and our roadmap
- Shadow a sales phone call to get an understanding of how our product is sold
- Spend quality time getting to know our ever growing team
- Provide Doug (our CEO) with invaluable support as he navigates the challenges and responsibilities of growing MainStreet to its full potential
What we do
At MainStreet, we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets ~$51,000.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.