Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a UX Researcher to inform the strategy and execution of our core product and to help build the foundation for the research practice. As one of the first hires on the design team, you’ll have a big opportunity to influence and shape our product, our design and research processes, and our team culture. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you'll do
- Define and implement a research strategy that employs various methodologies in order to deepen our understanding of our customers’ experience with our products and services
- Extract and summarize insights from your research sessions and turn them into actionable recommendations and new opportunities
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, and other cross functional stakeholders to improve our product experience
- Help your teammates understand research best practices and methodologies
- Work with the leadership team to build the research practice from scratch
What we're looking for
- 4–10 years of experience conducting UX research at a tech company
- Ability to drive user research using a variety of research methods, both qualitative and quantitative, to summarize key findings and insights, and to present them in a compelling way to the rest of the team
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, marketing, etc)
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
You will thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You want to bring consumer-level design to the B2B industry
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options
- Generous vacation policy, with additional PTO to volunteer & vote
What we do
At MainStreet, we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets ~$51,000.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.