Remote Position /
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
If none of our current roles sound like a great fit, here's your chance to pitch us on your dream role at MainStreet. We’re growing quickly and are always looking for great new teammates who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves.
- Drive savings for current customers: Help us save startups and SMBs more money every year – your role should benchmark to incremental dollars saved for our current customers, whether that's through additional tax credit programs or something else up your sleeve.
- Help us reach more customers: Help us onboard thousands of new startups – there are hundreds of thousands of SMBs in the US alone tha would benefit from MainStreet, help us reach them more effectively – sky's the limit. :)
- Build, streamline, and execute our internal processes. We support 200+ different federal, state, and city credits right now – help us streamline and execute on our internal processes to support hundreds of companies through tax credit filings.
- Wild card. We spend all day making MainStreet as close to a no-brainer for startups and SMBs – your pitch / dream job should make it a no-brainer to bring you on, whatever that means, we'll hear you out.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: Will depend on experience and location
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options based on experience
- Generous vacation policy, with additional PTO to volunteer & vote
What we do
At MainStreet, we’re building a platform that automatically qualifies companies for hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs and wins them back what they’re owed in minutes, versus the dozens of hours it would otherwise take. The average company gets ~$51,000.
We’re backed by top-tier investors, including the founder of Product Hunt, Gradient, a Google Venture Fund, Shrug Capital, execs at Google and Facebook, and Ron Conway’s fund, SV Angel.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.