Student Experience Coordinator
The Make School community is the driving force in making our educational experience inspiring. Our students frequently share their experiences of exploring their passion for Computer Science on their own before finding a home at Make School. They see us as a community of hard-working, like-minded peers and mentors who have the potential to use technology to change the world.
We are looking for an energetic and organized self-starter who can be the front-line advocate for our students and help coordinate all aspects of their Make School experience.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds. Critical to our students’ success is that they are safe and have a feeling of happiness and belonging while studying at Make School and living in San Francisco. The Student Experience Coordinator works to make students safe and happy.
What You'll Do
- Student Support & Escalating Issues - Handle all student inquiries and deliver outstanding student support. Escalate issues. Ensure students have most up-to-date communications about schedule, events, opportunities, etc.
- Term-by-Term Feedback Surveys - Survey students regularly. Analyze responses and deliver the results to teams and individuals to continuously improve the program.
- Manage RAs - Be the point of escalation for RAs and building manager for student housing.
- Orientation - Answer questions of incoming students, plan orientation, and ensure students are prepared and have accurate expectations.
- Coordinate Monthly Field Trips and Speakers - Manage logistics and professional relationships to coordinate monthly field trips and guest speakers
- Seasonal Event Planning - Thanksgiving party, Spring Demo Night, Winter Open House, Graduation.
- Your Choice! - What do you want to contribute to a growing and evolving learning community?
What We're Looking For
- A self starter with a keen attention to detail; can navigate a fast paced organization with shifting priorities
- 1-3 years experience (preferably in education, teaching, young adult work, community development, or customer service role)
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High energy and “can-do” attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product College - An accelerated college program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, teamwork, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - An six week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS apps or websites.