Stage - Finance Operations Officer
Internships – Internships /
Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiège, we have become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace.
By acquiring Comatch (the Berlin-based leading marketplace for top freelance management consultants and industry experts) in 2022, we’re now home to a dynamic community of 550k+ freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40 countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
You will be part of Malt's Finance Operations team, we are looking for a curious, organized and rigorous profile, a person who is eager to learn and work on various subjects (administrative, operations, financial... ).
Key responsibilities ✨
- Management of daily operational finance activity:
- Management of payment notices
- Management of purchase orders for key accounts
- Interaction with our payment partners on various topics (proposal acceptance, ongoing project management...)
- Management of customer / freelance support on billing / payment issues.
- Management of specific off-platform billing:
- Interactions and meetings with our major clients to exchange on billing processes
- Management and implementation of specific processes with clients
- Follow-up of a portfolio of major accounts
- Malt customer follow-up:
- Optimization of the receivables by setting up a clear collection process adapted to the categories of customers (key accounts, SMEs, etc.)
- Administrative management (statement of accounts, supplier files...)
- Product innovation / Process automation:
- Regular workshops with the team to work on possible areas of improvement
- Identification of the main pain points and possible solutions
- Creation and automation of files
- Reflection on the development of the product and its functionalities
About you 🧑🚀
- You are looking for a 6-month-internship starting from January 2024
- You have knowledge in finance / administration (business school or similar)
- You are proactive, organized and responsible
- You have a good command of Excel (ENI, VBA certifications are a plus)
- A first experience in the field of finance is a plus
- You are fluent in French and have a good level of English to communicate with our English-speaking colleagues as well as our international clients
How to join the mission? 🚀
- First call with Lucie (Talent Acquisition Specialist), to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions (20 minutes)
- Interview with your future manager, Matthieu (Finance Operations Team Leaders) to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (45-60 minutes)
- Home assignment to prepare in order to evaluate your hard skills, to present to Jessica, our Senior Finance Operations Manager
- Your profile is validated, and we will welcome you in our Parisian office !
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Paid vacation - 1 paid day/month worked for interns, 5 weeks/year for apprenticeships
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual team building events
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐